A lot of people make the same small mistake when using your clay masks that could have major consequences for their skin. This video shows my favorite clay mask from DermaDoctor and my routine for keeping my skin looking clean and flawless. It’s really important to have high quality products that aren’t hurting your skin that include concentrated and stable ingredients, but it’s just as important to use the product correctly to get the absolute best results.
I have been using the Kakadu C line from DermaDoctor because the kakadu plum has about 55% more vitamin C than a Florida Orange. This is important because Vitamin C helps protect against pollutants, oxidative stress, and free radical damage. It also helps collagen production, which helps improve skin elasticity, firmness, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Overall, it brightens and evens skin tone while leaving your complexion smoother, softer, and more radiant. Sooooo ’nough said. Am I right?
// STEP-BY-STEP RECAP //
- Clean your skin to remove makeup and debris.
- Steam your skin with a hot, damp towel to open pores.
- Apply mask liberally over face, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave the mask on for 5 – 10 min max being mindful of the 3 phases of a clay mask:
- Phase 1: Clay mask feeds your skin important ingredients.
- Phase 2: Clay mask begins to tighten, which draws out impurities in the skin and increases blood flow.
- Phase 3: Clay mask dries out. (AVOID THIS PHASE) When the mask dries completely. it strips your skin of good nutrients and oils, causes redness and irritation, and dries out the skin.
- Steam mask with a hot, damp towel again to loosen up clay mask and then wipe away remaining mask with the towel.
- Apply your favorite skin treatments like the Kakadu C Vitamin C Serum. This is the prime way to deliver the best products to your newly cleaned skin and pores.
- Finish up with a moisturizer. Try not to over apply moisturizer to avoid suffocating your pores and undoing the progress you made with the mask.
- Enjoy your beautiful, smooth, glowing skin.