Hair Update

Hair Update

I am really happy to stop in and share a quick hair update with you! I have been getting a lot of questions and requests on my current cut and color so I figured a post is absolutely necessary. I thought I would share some current pixie pictures, and answer some of the general questions you guys have been asking lately.

Show Me Homie!
………………………………………………………………………………….

First off, I get a lot of requests to see the back of my hair, so I did you one better and put together a little Pixie360 for you to see all the angles plus a side by side you can print for your stylist if you need.

Copy_right_whippy_cake_pixie_cut_all_angles

copy_right_whippy_cake_1pixie360

Who Did That?
………………………………………………………………………………….

I still go to Hair-Do Salon for my regular cut and color process. It is located on Val Vista and Baseline in Gilbert, Arizona. One of the reasons I love this salon so much is that the stylists are offered and sometimes required to take continuing education so that their skills and techniques are well practice and relevant to the current styles today. Most of the stylists receive additional training specifically on short hairstyle cutting techniques to keep up with the pixie epidemic bestowed on us by Pinterest. Another thing that is so nice is when you call to make an appointment you can tell them what you are wanting over the phone and they will go out of their way to try to book you with a stylist who is the most practiced at the style you request, ie if you want red hair they will put you will a color expert, if you want short hair they will put you with a pixie pro. Hair-Do Salon does an amazing job on my hair and I honestly believe that having the right person do you hair can make or break your whole look! I am pretty sure the best way to get an appointment at this salon is to call: 539-7050 with the area code (480).

If you wanna see what Hair-Do Salon looks like and get a feel for the experience you can watch this fun behind the scenes video I made last time I went in to get a cut and color.

What Do You Put On It?
………………………………………………………………………………………..

I also get requests for hair product suggestions for short hair. I know everyone’s hair type varies so I will have to do a series of posts to cover the different hair types and the products I recommend accordingly. I do have a handful of products I 100% recommend to anyone with short hair or a pixie cut, regardless of your hair type. Here are some of my favorite hair products you will see me using regularly and consistently:

How Do You Do That?
………………………………………………………………………………………..

Most recently you have been asking me how I style my hair in the tousled semi curled way I have been wearing it. I don’t have a current tutorial on the exact way I styled it in this particular picture but I do have two older youTube videos that demonstrate some short hair curling techniques. The first is How to Curl Pixie Hair and the second one is How to do Retro Curls on a Pixie. I will for sure try and work on making an updated curled/tousled tutorial for you guys!

toussledweb

Hopefully this post was helpful for you and I was able to answer some of your questions! If you guys have any other questions for me or specific requests for a new tutorial (doesn’t have to be pixie or hair related), comment below with your ideas. I will do my best to take your comments and suggestions into consideration when making my upcoming YouTube tutorials!

Thank you guys for always showing me the love! I am so blessed!
XOXO,
whip

31 Comments

1. Thanks so much for this post! I can’t wait to try some of the products you recommended!!!! I got a pixie cut a few months ago and love finding new ways to wear it. I have always loved your hair and love all the tips and tricks you give!!!!

2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I can definitely show my stylist exactly what I want as far as the cut! Way too adorable!

3. Great cut, and color. Thanks for sharing your know how. For those of us who are hair challenged (like me) it’s nice to find tutorials that break it down. Have a great day!

4. Can you tell me the name of your stylist at Hair-Do?

5. Thank you so much for the fabulous hair update! I am due to have my pixie reshaped later today and now have your amazing pics to take with me to my stylist. Brilliant pics, gorgeous hair!!

6. I discovered your YouTube on how to style your pixie. I am so excited! I am a 48 old mom of 5 teens and just cut my hair too in a pixie, even before I discovered your website. Your tips on styling and product are so helpful!! You are an absolute doll! Do you have a video on how you apply your eye makeup? I feel with my short hair I need to take more time to make my eyes pop. I’m a whippy cake addict, so can’t wait to see more.

Hugs and Blessings!!

• Your hair sounds SO amazing. I am glad my tutorials and tips have helped you, I LOVE hearing that! I don’t have a current video on my eye make up routine, but that is a great idea, so I will see what I can do for you ;)

7. I LOVE your hair. I recently found your You Tube channel and have watched all your hair tutorials. I currently have a assymetrical pixie cut and am learning how to style it. I was just wondering, how long have you had your pixie cut for and will you ever grow it out? I am such a hair cut jumper, one month I am growing it, the next I am cutting it off :) I really want to stick with this do to learn how to style it and learn different ways to style it also.

Grace

• Thank you! And your hair sounds amazing. I have had really short hair for a few years, and a pixie for a couple. I too like to change things up, so each time I get my hair done, I like to tone it differently, or even slightly change the style. Although my changes are very subtle, it makes a big difference! And not to mention, there are so many ways I like to style my pixie, so I never get bored with it or anything. I hope this helps you! :)

8. I had my hair cut is a pixie today and I love it. Thank you for all your great info. I have thick hair which is curly in the back. Do you have any suggestions for products that would help me control the curls in the back of my head. I bought Spoil Me and Headrush after reading about them here and I used both on my shoulder length hair and loved them.
    Thanks
    Traci

• So glad to hear that you have tried Spoil Me and Headrush, cause I LOVE those products! Those will actually still be perfect for your new pixie as well. As far as other products that will help you, that is something I will probably have to do a blog post on, as it would need a lot of explanation and details. I will definitely consider this post as soon as I can! In the meantime, you can check out this hairspray spray wax: http://bit.ly/MFxZMi It will work great to keep your hair styled however you want all day! xoxo

9. I have to tell you how helpful your videos are to me,I have short hair,trying to get my gal on the same age,that video will help! I love they way you tell when and how to use the products, I am loving Bed Head! Also, I use a Clinique eyebrow poduct I think you would love,it is called Instant lift for brows, sort of a soft waxy crayon thing,other end is highlighter for under the brow,I use Soft Blonde,here is a linkhttp://www.clinique.com/products/1595/Makeup/Brows Beautiful product.
    Also, I am finding a fresh pillowcase every night or two seems to be helping my hair and complexion.
    Big question is I have decided to buy a Chi flat iron,Yikes,they comes in sizes, what size do I buy??? I am trying to get my top/bangs longer. You are such an inspiration,keep the videos coming! thanks for all you do

• Oooo! Thank you so much for the tips! Sharing is always caring! ;)

I for sure think a 1 inch flat iron will be just right. If you can only find something close to that size or a little smaller though you will still be totally fine!

10. Hey Becky, I love you videos and love you hair style. I just got my hair cut into a pixie and I need a little help. My hair is fine but thick (lots of it) so it is “slippery” and doesn’t stay put very well. I just got spoil me and after party in the mail and am waiting for two other products you recommended. I don’t have a spray wax yet due to L’anza is unavailable and my hair gets very oily so I don’t know which spray wax to try……I have been using some bed head wax (not spray) and hair spray, but I don’t like that it looks wet and “crunchy”. My biggest problem is that the “bang” part keeps falling in my face and I don’t like hair touching my face much anyway and the hair looks to “wet”; also my hair is very heavy and my stylist said she has texturized my hair as much as she can (and its still too heavy) Please help…….My stylist left the bangs longer so to try to swoop them across my forehead, but due to my hair is slippery, heavy and not the right product, it is annoying. I don’t know if a product could help, or if I need to go back and get the bangs shorter. Any suggestions?

11. How much do they charge for a cut at Hair-Do? I need to find a new place!

• It definitely depends on what you are wanting! I would call them and talk to someone there and they can answer any of your questions of price and all of that. :) Their number is: (480) 539-7050

12. I love your hair color. Was your hair dark and how did you handle the transformation? I have short hair and I can tell you I have high school hair. Looking for a change.

Judy

• Thanks! I have light brown hair, so it was a change but not too dramatic. I didn’t go straight to platinum, so that helped. Good luck trying to find a new do, that will be fun!

13. From a VERY HAPPY husband…

I’ve always been a fan of long hair (preferably with lots of highlights) for my wife. Her hair is naturally medium to dark brown.

Back in early Spring, she declared that over the summer she was going to go all over blonde, and go shorter than her usual just below shoulder length hair. So she (& I) searched the internet for haircut & color ideas. Then, on an impulse, in July, she just took a picture to a salon she had never tried before, and got a pretty short haircut, and semi-all over blonde. She looked great.

THEN, somehow she found your website — and BAM – she found a look she LOVES. Color and cut by Whippy. .She now has a long pixie — and is all over light blonde. After her last appointment she wound up with some almost platinum streaks — she LOVES it — and I think she will go all` platinum next time.

The reaction of friends is 200% positive — everybody says she looks AMAZING — and some have
    even said she looks YOUNG (not younger) .

My wife looks SPECTACULAR, and she feels it too. And, I love the look as well.

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES, VIDEOS, ETC. they helped her decide on a great new look

SDG

• WOW! Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I am so happy that I could help out in your wife’s transformation. I am so glad she not only looks spectacular, but that she feels that way too!

14. hi! I just found your blog after stumbling across this post on Pinterest. I love your hair! I have a pixie-ish cut…but it’s not quite what I want. I want a modern short cut, not an old lady cropped short cut (I’m only 43!) I love having it short since it is faster and I have small kiddos … I love that yours is long enough to curl or wear straight, I LOVE options! My hair is very thick, and my stylist can’t seem to get it short in the right places while leaving it long in the right places too… Any suggestions on what specifically to ask for? I might refer her to your videos and blog! What is the texture of your hair? It doesn’t look too thin, but not that thick either… Just right

• Hi! Thank you so much for your comment. I do have thin hair, but I love to add texture to it with product. If you like my cut, I would suggest taking pics with you to the salon. I think the stigma of that no longer exist. It helps the stylist know what you have in mind.

15. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair! How often do you have to get it cut?

• Ah, thank you so much. I get my hair trimmed every 4-5 weeks.

16. I love your pixie cut! Thank you for your tutorials…thank you for sharing your beauty! You are gorgeous !

• Thank you so much, you are way too kind! So happy that you enjoy the tutorials. I hope you continue to enjoy what we post this year. Thank you for the comment.

17. Thank you for sharing your hairstyle tutorial.I came across it just trying to look for a website on styling short hair.I have short hair almost a cut like yours but I have dark hair .Well Becky I bought Spoil Me.Also Powder Play.I styled it looked great n I received many compliments.I live in Long Beach Calif.Love Love your website.Oh by the way.I bought Lorac foundation for my face,n Hello Flawless by Benefits.Look so good on my skin.Thank Whippycakes just love love the time you spent to hel women to look their best.Your fantastic.New Fan Stella.Ps I would love to send u pic of my hair.Where can I send it to you.

• I’m so glad that you adore my favorite products as much as I do. I have a few posts coming up with a few more products that I love. Can’t wait to share them. I would love to see your Pixie Pic. You can DM on Instagram or email me at admin@whippycake.com. So excited to see!

18. Craziness… Just got home from the salon, and I was searching how to style my new cut and found your site. What do ya know, I also went to Hair Do in Gilbert. Either google is just that creepy, or a fun coincidence.

• No way, NO way! That is so funny! I love how small of a world it is! :) Don’t you just love Hair do? They are so fantastic! So glad you found me! Thanks for the comment! XOXO

Submit a Comment