I don’t always get the chance to answer everyone’s questions on Instagram and Facebook so I’ve compiled a list of lip colors I use the most for those of you who have been asking about my lipsticks choices on IG and FB. I know I have been long over do for a post and wanted to share info I know so many of you have been waiting for! Below you will find a links to my top picks and why I love them!
1. Palladio in Coral Punch: Amazing concentrated consistency and a bright color that literally punches you in the face with color. Only $7 and also sold at Sally’s Beauty Supply.
2. Tarte LipSurgence in Lucky: A matte lip crayon with a twist up bottom and a feminine pink tone that doesn’t smudge. It’s a higher end lipstick that will last you for-ever! $21 and also found at Ulta and Sephora.
3. Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle: A creamy moisturizing lip tint that hydrates and softens the lips. It’s not sticky but it’s definitely creamy and perfect for summer time sun. I love this peachy pastel tone and it’s $6 or less and also available at any drug store or Target.
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake: A creamy moisturizing lip tint that hydrates and softens the lips. It’s not sticky but it’s definitely creamy and perfect for summer time sun. The pink tone of this color reminds me of candy. $6 or less and also available at any drug store or Target.
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush: My most used and loved lipstick. Believe it or not this drug store lipstick has been a long time favorite and is only $5 bucks and can be found online or pretty much any store that carries Rimmel products. The consistency of this color is amazing, it’s not slick, tacky or flat and doesn’t smudge. I find the peach tone to be a perfect compliment to my wardrobe and my pale skin tone.
6. Tarte LipSurgence in Exposed: A matte lip crayon with a twist up bottom and a blushing nude tone that doesn’t smudge. It’s a higher end lipstick that will last you for-ever! $21 and also found at Ulta and Sephora.
7. Elizabeth Arden in Pink Vibrations: The richest color you can find in a lipstick. It has a bit of a perfume smell to it but the color practically glows it’s so vibrant. Love to pair this with a simple cat eye. $20 and also available at Ulta and Sephora.
8. Revlon Kissing Balm Stain in Rendezvous: Another fun and playful lip crayon only this one feels more like a hydrating chapstick with an awesome tint to it. These crayons are not sticky or gooey and add a very flirty shine to your lips. Love this coral color because it adds a pop of color in a quicky and dresses up the face. Only $7 and can also be found where Revlon products are sold.
9. Tarte LipSurgence in Fiery: This amazing matte RED lip crayon comes with a twist up bottom and the color doesn’t smudge this is one of my all time favorite Tarte colors because you can apply just a little for a subtle cherry tint or you can apply a lot for a big red WOW affect. It’s a higher end lipstick that will last you for-ever! $21 and also found at Ulta and Sephora.
10. Covergirl Lip Perfection in Delish: This is a newer color I picked up on a whim and I have been using it quite a bit. I love the natural tone not quite nude but very subtle and I think it last really well for a drug store lip stick. Only $5 and can also be found where Covergirl is sold.
So these are truly the colors I wear on a regular basis. You may notice a lot of them are drugstore brands and are asking yourself if they are legit. I find that when purchasing makeup some things (like foundation and eyeshadow) you just can’t skimp on if you want a beautiful professional finish but in my opinion lipstick formulas vary so much that it’s easier to get away with only spending a few dollars on a new color without sacrificing the integrity of the overall makeup application. Certain colors, especially reds should definitely be a higher end cosmetic if you want to avoid tacky bleeding and smudging. Hope you found this helpful and I REALLY hope you find a color you love. LMK if you have any questions!