a neat trick

a neat trick

I don’t know about you but sometimes when I am accessorizing the necklace that I want to wear isn’t quite long enough to fit attractively with the top I chose without clashing necklines. One day I was just frustrated because I thought it was ridiculous that I could have so many necklaces but still not be happy with any of my choices. Fortunately my frustration drove me to think of a simple solution to this (relatively superficial) dilemma. I found myself a chain bracelet sitting near by and the necklace I was wanting to wear but that was too short and then I clasped opposite ends of the necklace and the bracelet together and POOF! My problem was solved, the necklace became longer and the outfit then worked! I was so  pleased with myself after that moment that I started planning my outfits around necklaces and bracelets I could use this new trick on. That’s classic dork behavior though.  The lesson to be learned here is that being frustrated isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes frustration can push you to think of nifty ideas that you get to share with your friends.  You have to promise to show me if you ever try this new trick in your own accessorizing adventures, I would LOVE to see :)

17 Comments

1. It seems so simple and I bet you wondered why you never thought of that before. Great idea. I will have to try this.

2. 1. That is awesome. I’m always taking things apart to make something longer. Duh. Love it.

2. Love the Stila tutorial you put up a bit ago.

3. Now I have to go to Ulta this morning for more stuff from your flawless face (totally not the right name) video.

Thank you! And here is my wallet. 😉

3. I run into this problem ALL the time! This tip was soo sooo helpful!! Thanks! :)

~Kate

4. You could also do this with two bracelets (or more) to create a necklace…I do that all the time :)

5. I freaking love this idea!! Way to be creative there, you rock!

6. Love your tutorials and little fun tricks. I also ordered a head scarf from you and was so thrilled to see a cute little pair of pink earings included! How very thoughtful! Thankyou.

7. Great idea thanks for sharing!

8. Great idea! I have worn necklaces as bracelets, but never married the two!

Also, where did you get your top! LOVE IT!

9. Awesome SIMPLE idea!!! Thanks for sharing!! BTW – love the top! :)

10. Genius!!! Love your little tips =)

11. What a wonderful idea. I make all my jewelry, and have purchased several simple chain bracelets at our local thrift store that are just sitting on my dresser. I will try this idea. Thanks.

12. Would like to ask you a hair question. I work out and need tips for keeping hair “clean” without washing it. Like you have talked about in videos. My hair is a lot like yours in texture and fineness and I wounder if it will help me style it better. Thank for all the cool tips.
    Missy

13. Great, yet simple idea! Just introduced to you by Sarah at Blue Soul Designs.

14. Awesome idea that I NEVER would’ve come up with! By the way, where do you buy most of your clothes from? They are adorable!

Submit a Comment