Dear Whippy: Haircut Part 1.

Dear Whippy: Haircut Part 1.

My hairstylist is Kim Jaxn and she works at Salon Boutique in Gilbert, Az and I highly recommend her! Thank you Kim for making my hair look amazing!

Here are the images I took to Kim when she cut off my hair ;)

Here is the front and side view of my haircut that first time…

Here is what my cut looks like a little bit longer.

… and you can see in the video what it looks like right now. I keep saying I am going to grow my hair back out to my chin for the Boss but I just can’t bring myself to do it! Aside from needing a trim every 4 weeks this haircut is so easy to style and completely low maintenance. The huge amount of time I save on getting ready every day is not worth giving up right now so it will remain short for now (sorry babe). Plus I love that it always looks done even when I have horrid bed head and that I always get tons of sweet compliments on my hair when I go out.

Thank you Amy W. for the fun email and for sending in your question! Thank you everyone else for sending in your questions as well and hang tight while I get to them all. Be sure to tune back in next week when I do a video on styling my short hair from start to finish and go over the products I use.

23 Comments

1. I like it! The “little bit longer” looks just Perfect!!

2. OMG…I’m so glad that you did this. I have a hair appointment this weekend and have been going back and forth on YOUR haircut because I love it so much!!! I’m a little nervous because it’s a big step, but, it looks so cute on you that I feel like I HAVE to do it!

3. Hooray! All my e-mail stalking payed off :) Sorry I bugged you so much but it was worth it. I’ll send you a picture of my twinner cut next week. Thanks for inspiring me to be cuter :)

4. Thank you for that! That was so interesting to hear! I’ve cut off my hair a few times, but I always grow it back out, because I find that short takes more effort for me. So I am wondering if I am approaching it wrong. Hrmm. Especially when I hear that you also have fine, super straight hair. Is your hair thick? Or thin? (mine’s thin. ugh).

5. Thanks so much for this! I have been debating on cutting my hair super short since spring but haven’t come across good photos to take in. By the sounds of this post you are going to have a little crowd of people with your same hair cut :)

6. I cannot wait till next weekend. I took your picture to the salon but I can’t make it look as cute as you. it’s got the same ‘bones’ as yours…but I can’t seem to fix it. So…hurry up next week! I”m in need of some confidence on fixing this hair! Yours looks fabulous! I like it the shortest pic! SOOOOO SUPER CUTE!

7. Golly, your hair is adorable! I have to admit that is what grabbed my attention on Pinterest, along with your yummy accessories! Thanks so much for the pics and explanation how to style it!

8. your hair is so great! But, my question is not about style, but about washing it only once a week. I’m totally NOT grossed out, but curious because my question is: do you work out and how do you not wash your hair if you do? thanks!!!

9. I just love this style! I’m going tonight to get my shoulder length bob cut into something very similar to your long look.

Thanks for the inspiration.

10. Becki,

I am glad I came across this video. My mom was a hairdresser for my entire life, now at 45 I am trying to find someone who can do a cut like yours. I am going to take your photos in today and get mine done!
    Thanks!!!

11. I haven’t checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting stale, but the last few posts are really interesting so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend. :)

• Lol! I was feeling pretty stale too. I have been working on a consistent blog line up though so you picked a good time to come back ;)

12. Becki,
    Love this…my hair is a bit shorter but this I could easily grow to. I am going to be in Gilbert the end of Sept. Can you tell me the phone # for your stylist Kim…the Salon Boutique website has a bunch of Kims, and I was hoping to get an appoitment.

13. The cut is so pretty and flattering on you! How long was it between your first cut and the ‘little bit longer’ photos? :3

14. AHHHH! Who Has an appointment in an hour? This girl! Who is chopping it off like yours? This girl! I can’t Wait! Thanks for the super photos….You look HOT!

15. What is your hair texture like? Mine is SUPER thick and coarse. I am wanting this cut but am worried it won’t lay like that. Do you straighten it?

16. I love love love your hair…and now mine looks exactly like it!! Your video on how you blow dry and style was sooo helpful…thank you!!!

17. I absolutely love your hair. You have such wonderful style. Thank you so much for sharing!!

• That lipstick is my life. Thanks! ;)

18. My hair is very thick & wavy, do you think this cut would work on that type of hair

19. I have just discovered your blog and I am loving it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair, your style and your lipstick! Lol!! I am a hair stylist and I think your haircut is the best cut ever. Mine is similar but shorter on one side. I will definitely be referring my clients to your tutorial videos. Also, your lipstick colors are fabulous! Do you have somewhere in your blog that tells what makeup you use and lipstick colors? Thank you for your talent!

• Thanks for all the LOVE. You can never hear enough nice things about your work. I’m pleased that you find the videos so helpful and appreciate you sending clients to view them. As for lipstick I don’t have a list. But I’ll share my favorite lines with you. I am really into matte finishes, not a very glossy girl. I love the NYX-Matte lipsticks. This brand is very affordable so you can play around with the shades. I also love all the shades of the Tarte Lipsurgance Matte Lip Tint. And I recently discovered Color Whisper line by Maybelline. I hope this info helps. Thank you again for your comment.

Submit a Comment